The Charges of the Commission for the 2015-2016 Academic year are:
- To collaborate with President Battles and the relatively new Office of Sustainability to enhance and strength visibility and infrastructure for sustainability initiatives on the campus and in the community
- To work with the Office of Sustainability to create an integrated system for the various reporting platforms we engage with and use that system to inform our thinking about strategic initiatives
- In collaboration with the Provost's Office and the General Education Committee, contribute to the presence of sustainability issues in the discussion of curriculum and the Geneseo Learning Outcomes for a Baccalaureate Education
- Continue to collaborate with Campus Auxiliary Services and facilities and campus operations on energy efficiency, recycling, purchasing, grounds management, and other sustainability projects including the E-garden
- Collaborate with student groups, the Division of Student and Campus Life, and faculty on co-curricular initiatives related to sustainability and applied learning and in areas of student advocacy as appropriate (e.g. intentional investment, fair trade).
- Support outreach and networking efforts to engage the larger community with campus projects such as the E-garden, the Letchworth Park collaboration, and the Arboretum
- Work with the Office of Sponsored Research and the division of College Advancement to identify new funding opportunities related to sustainability.
An annual report of the work of the Commission should be submitted to President Battles before August 1, 2016.